23 Apr 2008

Camper van Beethoven on renewables


Toby is a great guy, he worked really hard to get Caroline Lucas re-elected and campaigned against the evil incinerator in Slough.

He sent me a link to his blog on his use of renewables.

I don't camper van myself, I am still off of even my push bike...I seeing a lot more of the bus between Cranbourne Hall where I live and Windsor...any way on to Toby.


What's your point then?

I'm writing what I could have really done with knowing a few years ago ... how to set up a practical renewable energy system for a campervan/caravan. We spend nearly a month of every year in our beloved Bedford CF, either at festivals or at campsites in the UK or France. We can be parked up for a while, and more than once we were stranded in darkness after our batteries gave up. I toyed with the idea of getting a solar panel, but really, really, didn't give it much thought.


If you want to take the skinheads bowling click here.

3 comments:

ModernityBlog said...

Maplin do solar panels for such vehicles

see http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?pctitle=SOLAR&mainclassid=113&classtype=M

Anonymous said...

try making a wind turbine from an old car alternator and scaffolding pole , this would help keep the batteries topped up combined with solar panels

Unknown said...

A limited-edition live concert disc was also released, In the Mouth of the Crocodile, capturing a 2004 performance in Seattle.Camper Vans

Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles

Derek Wall ’s article entitled  Imperialism Is the Arsonist: Marxism’s Contribution to Ecological Literatures and Struggles , argues that Ma...